Friday, August 7, 2009

Tame your inner Bridezilla

A few years ago I was on a flight home from Miami. My brother Sam and I had just gone on a carribean cruise with my grandparents (Papa Jim and Grandma Ida) celebrating Sammy's high school graduation. Anyways... by chance I was sitting next to a young couple who informed me that they too were flying home from a carribean cruise. We got to talking and they told me that next weekend they were getting married. I couldn't believe this when they told me. I thought for sure that there must have been a time conflict and they were forced to take their honeymoon before the wedding, but that wasn't it at all. They simply wanted some time to relax before their big day. Genius! Turns out they had planned on taking their honeymoon a few months after the wedding so that they could fully enjoy the time with their friends and family.

This has always stuck with me and when it was time to plan our wedding I of course wanted to do a pre wedding relaxation vacation, but of course realistically we couldn't afford to do anything like a Carribean cruise. So instead, Trev and I along with a handful of our friends headed up to Leavenworth a few days early so that we could get some relaxation in before the big day. Thursday before the wedding we did exactly that. A 4 hour float down the Icicle, which turns into the Wenatchee, river. We had so much fun that we decided to do it with even more of our friends and family the day after the wedding. Here are a few pics from our mini relaxation vacation.






To every bride and groom out there! This is the best advice I will ever give you.... during your wedding week take time to relax and HAVE FUN with the people who love you!

2 comments:

Erin said...

And we DO love you! It was awesome!

Trev said...

Great advice.